map-marker Gadsden, Alabama

WHERES MY MONEY?!?

I was told to contact you by email. We purchased a ticket over a month ago from Pensacola, Florida to Cleveland Ohio. The last name on the passenger is KIRK and the email address associated with purchase was slatorralutz@***.com. The flight was either purchased on March 29 or March 30 for some reason the original flight was canceled unknown why and they said that they would be reimbursing us still no money. The cost of the ticket was around $350-$400 and so weve been patiently waiting I would appreciate some help with this please.

User's recommendation: Don’t bother they were of NO HELP!! I guess I’m just out $350+! It’s theft, plain and simple. I paid the ticket cost and when I was double checking right before the flight it had been cancelled with no contact to me at all and there was no explanation as to why?!? I then had to purchase another ticket which was almost double the cost. Now, they say they have no record of anything concerning the ticket purchase.

YENYNATALIA C

| map-marker Medellin, Antioquia

Devolución dinero

Buenas tardes el 10 de febrero realice la compra de unos boletos aéreos, numero de reserva 100339, el dia 11 de febrero me envian un correo en el que me dicen que la reserva fue cancelada por no disponibilidad de la Aerolinea por lo cual me realizarán la devolución del dinero. Me comunico al Banco ya la fecha no se ve reflejado la devolución del dinero, quisiera tener información sobre algún soporte que me envien como constancia de la cancelación y devolución del dinero. RESERVA 100339 Quedo atenta. gracias
Jose O Hrl

Verified Reviewer

SCAM, no response, robbed me

Smartfares sold me a intinerary with a 50 minutes connection in NY, from Dallas, before a international flight. Barely I knew the correct is to have 4 or at least 3 hours between connection flights.

I feel taken advatage off. So what happened was: the flight to NY was 20 minutes delayed and the international flight was a couple of minutes early. I had less than 30 minutes, maybe about 25 minutes or less, to, after the plane landed, get off, walk to the airport, walk to the gate... And do everything else we have to do before the next flight.

I lost it. It left without me, even though I was right there at the airport. It dindn't even wait for minimal 5 minutes and I didn't even once heard my name being called. Staff was giving me different information about the gate as well, saying it was not the same as on the ticket.

It made me waste even more time. So the international flight, by LATAM, to São Paulo, Brazil, left. After this, I tried talking to different people that work at the airport but no one could help me. I was considered a "no-show" and even my flight back got cancelled (which is nonsense 'cause it was for one month later, I could be in Brazil anyways.) I had to buy another flight from a total different company because it was such a big issue and so expensive to rebook me.

I had to waste almost the double I was already wasting and I feel my hard earned money was thrown in the trash. I also had to go to a different airport to take a flight more than 24h apart from the previous one, whitout mentioning the extra money I had to waste on the expensive airport food. In addition, I lost almost 2 days of my stay in Brazil. It is all so frustrating.

So, no, Smartfares didn't meet my expectations.

I forgot to mention that I also had problems contacting Smartfares support in the very beggining.

Whenever someone would finally answer my call, they woud simply hang up on me after I asked them about the flight tickets or any information about the flight. I thought it was a scam and got really anxious with all the situation, but gradly the problem was later solved (after making me pay more, of course).

$1950
Cons:
  • Scam

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Don't book with them, haven't answered me in almost 3 years!

Guest

While they definitely shouldn’t have planned that itinerary, you also had a responsibility to review it.

Sharon E Qtk

| map-marker Kailua Kona, Hawaii

Very angry and frustrated.

Smartfares - Very angry and frustrated.
Smartfares - Very angry and frustrated. - Image 2
Updated by user Sep 18, 2023

After my last message to smart fares. We had to arrange seats for Turkish airlines.

Smartfares was going to charge us $100 per flight! We called Turkish airlines and explained the trouble we had.

They booked the seats for a total of $ $35. Turkish airlines rips you off...

Updated by user Aug 19, 2023

I have been trying to work with Turkish Airlines and Smartfares for 4 hours. Turkish airlines need confirmation from the booking agents since there was a flight change. The people at Smartfares did not speak English good enough and they kept giving me the wrong...

Original review Aug 19, 2023
I booked a one way trip from Eugene Oregon to Cairo. They confirmed the flight on Feb.

2. On March 4th I got a schedule change. They added Copenhagen to New York! I called Smartfares to figure out what happened.

He suggested I just do not get on the flight. It must have been a technical error. I called Turkish airlines to get our seats. They no longer had my flight!!!

Turkish airlines said I had to call the agent that booked the flight. I am leading a tour of 20 people. I called for an hour.

They give a 2 digit number to get through to customer service that they say is open 24 hours. I called repeatedly and no one answered the phone.

User's recommendation: Never!!!!!

Guest

Eugene to Cairo. That's a new one to me.

By means of NYC, Copenhagen and Turkey ? OMG.

ghufran Z Has

Verified Reviewer

Claim regarding delayed customer service response to correcting an e-ticket typo.

Dear Manager;

I am writing to file a claim regarding [customer services ].Unfortunately, I have encounters a very bad experience with customer care response, specifically after the payment has drawn !!!

My request was not responded about the error modification before issuing E.ticket , despite the multiple emails and multiple phone calls to send an amended E.ticket that was issued through your agency .

This has caused me significant inconvenience, as [I charged my phone many times for international calls which is costing and time consuming ] with out any action!!!

I would like to request that you take action to remedy this situation. Specifically, I would appreciate [send me amended E.ticket with the correction of the third passenger name as clarified in my previous emails ].

Please take an action as soon as possible before travel date to prevent any delay or disruption in my travel .

Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter.

Preferred solution: Price reduction

map-marker Howell, Michigan

Not honest Agent

I bought round trip tickets, and my return flight was canceled by airline in early August 2023. Smartfares offered me a refund amount and I accepted.

Then I spent extra money to buy a new ticket. Afterward, I called many times about refund. They told me the refund was on the way within a few days. But I have never received anything.

So far after two months waiting, I still have not gotten the refund. In my last call a few weeks ago, the rep said they only received small portion of refund from the airline, and it was much smaller than the initial agreed amount. They asked me if I accepted the reduced amount of refund. They said if not accepted, then they won't process any refund.

I refused the reduced amount and I complained to the airline. The airline investigated and told me: they had refunded a much big amount to SmartFares two months ago. During the two months time, SmartFares was lying to me, and they cut off refund amount and only offered a portion to me initially. Then they cut off even more later on.

After the airline's help, they agreed to refund me the full amount from what their getting from the airline. But so far, after one week waiting, I am still waiting for the refund.

This company lied. I felt very bad about this company.

User's recommendation: In case of refund, please double check with airline directly.

Jorge T Jbm

| map-marker Monterrey, Nuevo Leon

Delayed refund

Dear SmartFares

I am writing this letter to express my dissatisfaction with the delay in the refund of my purchase of E-Ticket 101827****. I made the purchase on Jun 04, 2023 and according to your company's terms and conditions, the refund had to be processed within 30 days.

To date, I have not received any refunds.

I have tried to contact your company several times through customer service, but have not received a response.

I understand that there may be unforeseen circumstances that may delay the processing of a refund. However, in this case, the delay is unacceptable.

I have already waited more than 120 days and I need my money as soon as possible.

Therefore, I request you to immediately start the refund process. If I do not receive the refund within 5 days, I will be forced to take legal action.

Attached to this letter is a copy of my purchase receipt.

I appreciate your attention to this important matter.

Sincerely,

Jorge Trisca

User's recommendation: Hello, No, I have not received any response about delay refund.

Partap N

Cheating on air tickets refunds -

I has booked my airticket on Air Canada for my travel Calgary-Delhi-Calgary in August 2020. However, due to Covid my flight was cancelled and Air Canada made a full refund of CAD943 as one way fare Delhi-Calgary to the Agency Smartfares.com.

The agency not only kept the refund money for more than a year without informing me but refunded only CAD500 saying that Air Canada only refunded the basic fre WHICH WAS A TOTAL. When I shared the email I recd from Air Canada that full amount of CAD943 was refunded to the agency, they promised to refund me the balance immediately which they haven't done TILL TODATE.

My several calls to their CS Dept are never answered. SO PLS STAY AWAY FROM DEALING WITH SUCH CORRUPT AGENCY.

Loss:
Cons:
  • All cons

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: CUSTOMERS R ADVISED NOT TO MAKE ANY BOOKINGS WITH CORRUPT AGENCIES.

Ramon M Gud

Ilanramon81@***.com

Smartfares - Ilanramon81@***.com
Por este medio dejo saber q me cobraron 87 dolares de un ticket q compré y no me hicieron la reservacion y me cobraron el dinero necesito q me devuelvan el dinero y si se van a contactar conmigo q sea en español por favor

| map-marker Doha, Baladiyat Ad Dawhah

Double indebtedness for same ticket

Smartfares - Double indebtedness for same ticket

Dear sir/madam

I had a booking with you on 25.05.23 on Air India to Trivandrum.I made the booking using my credit card and the next day I realized that it wasI debited two times for a single ticket.I complained in the corresponding bank and it took two months for a reply that to contact the merchant. Meanwhile, I contacted airlines and they also directed toward you. Please resolve the issue as soon as possible.All details are attached with this mail.

Date of transaction:25.05.23

website/booking made:smart fares

Payment mode:credit card

Last four digits of card:2243

Card holder name:DINOOP SADASIVAN PILLAI

Screenshot of transaction is attached

Michael D Gkc

Flight cancelled it’s been a month haven’t received refund yet

Canceled flight in Jamaica had to purchase another ticket was supposed to receive a refund flights canceled due to runway issue on August 10 havent heard or seen anything about my refund
Loss:
Pros:
  • Good bookings
Cons:
  • Kill you on new ticket purchases when emergencies like this happen

Preferred solution: Price reduction

Ramya N Gxm

Thieving Conmen!!

These guys charged us for seats they were unable to assign. When asked they promptly said we will refund the amount. Yet to see that refund after more than 15 calls over 2+ months! Every time we call we are told it will be refunded in 2-3 days or 3-5 days or 7-10 days! They dont intend to refund. This company is a FRAUD do not Eve buy from them!
Loss:
Cons:
  • Cheaters

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Fraud!! Do not use this service!!

JELTJE C

Still waiting for refund since 2020

Updated by user Jul 14, 2023

Haven't heard anything from SmartfaresStill waiting for response

Original review Jun 13, 2023
Good Afternoon,
I gave spoken with several agents on the phone. Either they don't respond after they want me to send them an email or don't call back.

In the beginning we were dealing with Serra. The last agent told me to send an email with all the information since Serra is not working for Smartfares anymore (what makes sense now since we didn't get any respond to emails from her anymore).
* On 9/20/2019 We pay Smartfares an amount of $2402.92 for 4 tickets.
* On 03/20/2020 we got in touch with Smartfares since we were not able to travel because of COVID. Smartfares told us that we could not get a refund. We could cancel our tickets and put new ones on hold.

It would cost us $20 per person (4*20= $80 in total). We did this cause we didn't want to lose our money.
* After this we get in touch with Smartfares a couple times cause flights were still be canceled because of COVID.
* In 2021 we get in touch with Smartfares again to ask for a refund cause we would not able to fly soon. This is when we got the news that there was no refund available cause Delta would not do a refund.

So we got in touch with Delta and they told us that they refunded everything on November 5 2020.
* On 04/01/2022 we get in touch again and spoke with Serra from Smartfares. She was able to arrange a partial refund of $1215.
* We've been contacted through phone and email multiple times afterwards to get the rest of our refund.
* As of today (03/27/2023) we are still waiting for the rest of the refund, a total of $1274.92 USD ($2402.92 + $80 - $1215 = $1274.92 USD)

User's recommendation: Don't use Smartfares

Guest

Don't forget interest. When you're still waiting in the year 2044, assuming 3% interest annually your refund should be $2550 according to the Rule of 72. (24 years x 3 = 72) It would only be 12 years if the interest rate was 6%.

Travel Expert Talks

How to Travel Safely During the Pandemic

Apr 2, 2021

Do you plan a trip? Uncover top travel tips during the pandemic. In this video interview, Latifah Al-Hazza, a co-founder of Femscape Sojourns and a travel journalist, explains how to safely book a trip online, how to avoid unexpected situations during travel, and what to do if your trip was canceled.

Read full article
Latifah Al-Hazza
Latifah Al-Hazza

Latifah Al-Hazza is a travel expert who visited over 50 countries. She is also a co-founder of Women's Travel Company and an Emmy Award-Winning travel journalist.

Derrick A Btv

| map-marker Dubai, Dubai

Warning - Smartfares will leave you stranded

I typically don't write reviews especially bad ones, but I feel obligated to share an experience.

We traveled as a family of 4. Texas to Dubai to Sri Lanka.

A flight booked with and paid to Smartfares, operated by Hahn Air was delayed from 23:15 to the next morning 11:15, and we did not get notified until we went to the airport. I called Smartfares and they said it is not their responsibility to keep me informed. I called Hahn Airs and they said my booking agent should keep me posted. I tend to believe what the Airline said, given I paid Smartfares.

So be very careful.

With one unplanned hotel night, loss of a full day of travel, high level of stress. I know the saving is not worth it.

Your call. Wish you all safe travel!

Loss:
Pros:
  • Appears to be cheaper
Cons:
  • Unreliable

User's recommendation: Never use SmartFares

Kailana Bgv
map-marker Bangkok, Krung Thep Maha Nakhon

Did get a confirmation email about my flight

Smartfares - Did get a confirmation email about my flight
Smartfares - Did get a confirmation email about my flight - Image 2
My Trip#101796**** and information but havent see an email from airline or smartfare please confirm the information ASAP

User's recommendation: Please email confirmation & an update confirmation would be nice

| map-marker Amman, Amman Governorate

Money discounted without etkts delayed refund

Smartfares - Money discounted without etkts delayed refund
Smartfares - Money discounted without etkts delayed refund - Image 2
Smartfares - Money discounted without etkts delayed refund - Image 3
Smartfares - Money discounted without etkts delayed refund - Image 4
Smartfares - Money discounted without etkts delayed refund - Image 5
I booked with smartfares booking cancelled due time limit smartfares discounted the amount and no tkts. After 2 weeks waiting for refund they send that refund method cant be only paypal after given them my paypal(instant transfer) they said must wait 7-15 more days. I sent a lot of emails without redponse.. Frustrated and very disapointed. How you discount money without issuing tkts. You get my money and never sent etkts and must wait 1 month to get money back and must frustraiting that no answer on emails

User's recommendation: Dont buy